As per my previous post, Facebook is the biggest of all the social network platforms, by far, based on just about every measure. In this post, Hootsuite lays out current Facebook statistics—updated for 2021—that prove this enormous platform is still a must for marketers in almost every sphere.
Let’s explore 15 more Facebook stats, targeting businesses, that will matter to marketers this year. Some will surprise you!
Facebook business statistics
1. 42% of businesses on Facebook are based in the suburbs By comparison, 33% are urban businesses, and 25% are based in rural areas.
2. 48.5% of B2B decision makers use Facebook for research That makes it the top traditional social network for B2B research, with only YouTube coming in higher at 50.9%. Don’t neglect Facebook when marketing to a business audience.
3. 18.3% of U.S. adults made a purchase through Facebook in the last year Compare that to 11.1% for Instagram and 2.9% for Pinterest.
4. Facebook clicks on searches for local business increased 23% from February to May, 2020 As the #SupportLocal trend took hold this year, people shifted their focus to local companies and products.
5. ⅔ of Facebook users visit a local business Page at least once a week It’s not just the big brands succeeding with Facebook marketing. (Although they’re certainly using Facebook, too.) Local businesses can use Facebook to create lasting connections with repeat customers within their own communities.
Facebook ad statistics
6. Facebook has an advertising audience of 2.14 billion That’s the number of people Facebook reports can be reached with ads on its platform. It’s an increase of 2.2% (or 45 million users) since Q3 2020.
7. 47% of Facebook’s ad revenue comes from the U.S. and Canada Based on “estimation of the geographic location of our users when they perform a revenue-generating activity.” But remember: The vast majority of Facebook users live outside the U.S. If you sell a product that can ship internationally, or a digital product or service for which geography is not a factor, there’s huge untapped potential here for you to reach ad markets without a lot of competition.
8. The average price for an ad decreased 9% in Q3 2020 This is good news for advertisers, since it means you get (slightly) more bang for your buck.
9. An average Facebook user clicks on 12 ads per month That’s one every 2.5 days. It may not seem like a huge number, but remember that not all ads require a click to be effective. Most importantly, this Facebook stat shows that users continue to pay attention to and engage with Facebook ads, rather than tuning them out. Women click on more ads (15 per month) than men do (10).
Facebook publishing statistics
10. The average Facebook Page shares 1.55 posts per day Of those posts, 55.6% are photos, 22.2% are videos, 18.5% are links, and just 3.6% are straight status updates.
11. The average engagement rate for Facebook posts is 0.18% Use this to benchmark your own engagement rate.
12. Pages with fewer than 10,000 fans see 0.52% engagement That’s a much higher number than the Facebook stat above. That’s because engagement declines as a Page’s audience grows. Pages with more than 100,000 fans see only 0.10% engagement.
Facebook video statistics
13. The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 0.26% Remember that the average engagement rate overall is just 0.18%. That’s strong motivation to incorporate video content in your marketing strategy.
14. Facebook Live viewership increased by 50% this spring Facebook attributes the jump to people wanting to attend live events like fitness classes, or connect with people they can no longer support in person, like their favorite artists. The week of the Easter and Passover holidays was the most popular week ever for Facebook Lives from spiritual Pages.
15. More than 1.25 billion people visit Facebook Watch every month If your Page has more than 5,000 followers, try creating content for this video-specific tab within Facebook.
Manage your Facebook presence alongside your other social media channels working with our team of professionals. Get in touch with us for your free consultation.